Site Manager – Newry
Responsible for ensuring the site works will be delivered safely and on time. Will serve as a main site engineer liaising and managing our supply chain and sub contract team.
Completes assigned activities under general direction of the Project Manager.
ESSENTIAL GENERIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Reviewing all applicable contract documents and briefs, POs, project plans, specifications, and providing comments when applicable;
- Liaise with other members of the Contracts Team & Supply Chain to ensure timely delivery of contracts
- Scheduling and conducting project review and proposals review meeting, focusing on terms and conditions of contract, scope of supply, cost, construction, and project scheduling;
- Advising Project Manager of project status while adhering to all appropriate policies and established safety procedures.
- Report any variations to Project Manager, including costs and problems which may change the forecast delivery, profitability, warranty etc of such contracts;
- Communicating promptly with customer on project schedule and any issues relating to that contract;
- Assistance in the development of monthly progress reports
- Health & Safety, Quality & Environmental
- Reviewing of Sub-contractor RAMS.
- Ensure projects are managed in compliance with the CDM Regulations
- Ensure subcontractors and suppliers are compliant with the Company’s policies, procedures and processes.
- Undertake regular Site Safety Inspections/Audits.
- Oversee and ensure that HSE related documents are kept up to date, submitted and filed appropriately.
- Liaise with third parties as required to ensure compliance with all standards, legislation, regulation and best practice.
- Performs all work in accordance with established health and safety, quality and environmental procedures as well as all company procedures including authorisations
- Other varied duties may be assigned as required reflecting the small team flexibility at the location
LOCAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Comply with all company procedures and authorisations when committing the company to agreement
- Management of Sites and supervision of direct labour and subcontractors
- Management of delivery of MEICA projects while ensuring high quality of work is achieved and maintained
- Set up schedules for the timely submission and completion of all drawings, technical data, manufacturing and installation schedules, as agreed with the customer.
- Oversee the progress on the project by holding regular meetings or discussions with the supply chain, sub contract team and client representatives.
- Maintain contact with the customer, advising of progress, responding to correspondence and any queries relating to that contract.
- Attend contractual meetings with the customer as necessary, both in the UK and Ireland if required
- Assist Project Manager in maintaining an effective system of contract management.
- Monitor any variation to the contract supply, terms and conditions, and ensure that all variations are reflected in the increased contract value and profitability.
- Monitor the warranty period and minimize the amount of warranty claims.
- Report any recurring warranty problems and where necessary produce reports for submission to the Technical department
- Ensuring compliance on site regarding RAMS, Toolbox Talks and adherence to safety, quality, and environmental procedures
- Attendance and contribution at client progress meetings
- Attendance and contribution at MEICA design meetings
- Liaising with Clients and consultant
- Keeping of site records
- Supervising the supply chain and sub contract teams on site
- Assisting the Project Manager in development of Construction Phase Plan
- Organising of Site Mobilisation
- Carrying out of Site Inductions
- Development of RAMS and reviewing subcontractor RAMS
- Controlling delivery of materials to site
- Knowledge of the Construction Site & Safety
- Knowledge of CDM Regulations
- Ensuring compliance on site regarding RAMS, Toolbox Talks and adherence to safety and environmental procedures
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
HNC or higher in Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering or similar discipline.
Related experience gained in construction site management environment plus related experience in delivering work packages.
5+ Years Supervisory Experience within the Water or Construction Industry
Knowledge of Conditions of Contract particularly NEC.
CSR Gold Card or equivalent
First Aid at Work Training
Ability to read, analyse, and interpret complex industry related documents.
Ability to respond effectively to technical and commercial issues.
Ability to prepare and communicate status reports.
INDEPENDENT JUDGMENT, DECISION MAKING & PROBLEM SOLVING:
Ability to make decisions requiring the use of a variety of variables in standard situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- IT Skills: Proficiency in Word, Excel, other MS Office programs and IT systems (eg network + email).
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematical equations to a variety of complex, non-standard situations.
- Travel: Travel in the UK and Ireland will be required to fulfil the role.
- Overnight: You may be required to stay away from home on occasions, which we be planned in advance.
- Ability to read and understand specification, fabrication, erection, and standard engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of Water and Wastewater Treatment processes
- Ability to work within a small multi-disciplined team.
- CAD experience advantageous but not essential.
- Ability to develop key skills and knowledge in water and wastewater treatment and infrastructure
- Ability to develop key skills, knowledge and understanding of Commercial Terms & Conditions and Contract law.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DOWNLOAD ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Vacancy Description (PDF 419kb)